Conveniently located to serve the areas of Newport Beach and Orange County, CA
Breast reduction mammoplasty is a surgical procedure that corrects the size of the breast by decreasing the volume to create an optimized, well-proportioned figure. The procedure offers women much needed relief and solace from having an overwhelming chest size. They can cause undue hardship because of the physical and physiological pains that come with them. Many women with a large breast size may have back, neck, and shoulder pain. It also can create unwanted attention in social contexts. Having a breast reduction procedure is a simple textbook procedure that rids the chest of excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin–greatly reducing your burden and aligning your body to optimal proportions. It’s time to rewrite the conversation and regain control of your life. Esthetica of Orange County truly supports your decision to a body that’s right for only you. Take the first step and schedule a friendly consultation with Dr. Wael Kouli. Or give us a call at (949) 721-1113.
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Breast Reduction
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Private Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 Procedure
- 8 Recovery
- 9 Results
- 10 Cost
- 11 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 12 References
Before and After Photos
About Breast Reduction
Women from all backgrounds have found that breast reduction surgery provides relief from the aches and pains associated with a larger chest. While many have different reasons for seeking treatment, one thing is crystal clear: it allows women to break free from the physical and psychological constraints that may have built up over time. The procedure involves making 2-3 incisions around the breast to remove excess tissue, skin, and fat cells.  The breast is then reshaped and the nipple/areola is repositioned in the chest to project a natural look. Some skin may be removed from the breast using the liposuction procedure or surgical incision. Don’t live life with this condition any longer. Step in powerfully in your newfound sense of confidence. Schedule a consultation to see how a breast reduction can work for you.
Patients choosing to get a reduction mammoplasty have enjoyed renewed self-confidence and empowerment because a significant weight has been lifted. Women have also benefited from: 
- Significant reduction in discomfort in the neck, shoulders, and back areas
- Improved posture
- Eliminates skin irritation underneath the breasts
- Increased mobility
- Better body proportions
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Access to better fitted clothing
Take the first step in seeking relief and schedule an appointment at our Newport Beach, CA office. Together, we are here to create a plan that works for you.
Women proactively searching for a slimmer, lighter breast contour are more than welcome to seek treatment. We will greet you with open arms! Women seeking treatment should be in good health and should not smoke. Other criteria include: 
- Having chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain
- Feeling bothered about your large bust area
- Receiving unwanted attention
- Have realistic expectations of what the surgery can do
Not every patient is the same. Everyone has their unique path. However, it does have to be that way anymore. If you are looking for a solution to the above and want to make a change, then please pencil in a consultation at our tranquil office in Orange County. Or you can call us at (949) 721-1113.
We are located in the calming community of Newport Beach, CA. The office is located within walking distance of Fashion Island and two miles north of Corona Del Mar State Beach. You will find the airy and relaxing atmosphere refreshing. Dr. Kouli and our wonderful staff are excited to see you as we like to treat our patients like we do our own family.
At your consultation, you will meet our team. They ask a few questions regarding your health and medication. Then the floor is open to you. We want to know your story. Tell us the state of your condition and what your daily life is like. We’ll conduct an examination. The consultation concludes developing a personalized treatment plan that’s good for you.
Schedule a consultation at our office in Orange County. Together, we’ll develop a body you will be comfortable in. We offer virtual consultations for those who can’t make it to our office. We’re very social! Follow us on Instagram.
To ensure an efficient experience there are a few things recommended to do beforehand. They include:
- Quit or take a break from smoking and drinking alcohol 24 hours before surgery
- Avoid taking certain medications and supplements such as anti-inflammatories
- Wash up well the night before and the morning of your treatment
- Arrange to have a trusted adult to drive you home and care for you the first 24 hours after surgery
- No food or liquid after midnight just before surgery
- Come to the office without makeup, moisturizer, or jewelry
Your big day is here. After you get settled in, you will be able to rest comfortably to ensure you have a smooth experience. Here, your pathway can take on a few forms, depending on your condition. Below are two main methods to a mammoplasty: 
VERTICAL OR “LOLLIPOP”
A small incision is made around the areola. It connects with a second incision made vertically from the bottom of the areola to the crease just below the breast. This is the most widely used method for most cases.
INVERTED-T OR ANCHOR
This procedure is for patients with extensive cases. It is almost the same as a lollipop procedure by there is an additional incision made underneath the breast at the inframammary crease. After the incision, we will then remove excess tissue, skin, and fat deposits o reduce the weight and volume of the breasts. He will redirect the breast tissue so that he can recontour your chest area.
Patients may experience some soreness and mild pain after surgery. We will prescribe you pain management medication to minimize discomfort. You may resume light activities within a day but remember to take it easy. Dressings and bandages may be given to maintain the integrity of the results for about 3 weeks. You may return to work within a week and regular activities can be resumed within 2 weeks.
You may notice a dramatic change to your chest immediately after surgery but there may be some mild bruising and swelling that can occur. Full results will start to show within 3-6 months. Time will help the breast settle on its own, soften up, and give natural-looking results. You’ll be able to move more freely as your new breasts are considerably smaller. Results from the breast reduction are long-lasting.
No patient is the same. Everyone has their individual experiences. As such, your treatment cost will vary. It will all depend on a few factors such as the extent of your condition. All of these concerns will be addressed at your consultation. Our office makes it easy to finance a procedure. We invite you to check out our specials to take advantage of huge savings.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
HOW LONG WILL THE RESULTS LAST?
Patients go on to enjoy long-lasting results from a breast reduction. As long as weight can be maintained then the results will endure for many years. As we age, however, skin elasticity decreases but the condition will not be as considerable as before the surgery.
WILL HEALTH INSURANCE COVER THE COST OF A BREAST REDUCTION SURGERY?
In most cases, your health insurance may cover the costs of your surgery. Since a mammoplasty is considered a cosmetic procedure, you may have to prove to your insurance company that your condition is causing medical problems like back pain and skin rashes from persistent friction.
WILL I HAVE SCARS AFTER SURGERY?
Having a mammoplasty will require some incisions to be made. However, most scars will fade away.
- Breast reduction surgery – Mayo Clinic. (n.d.). Www.mayoclinic.org. Retrieved July 26, 2021, from https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/breast-reduction-surgery/about/pac-20385246
- Crittenden, T., Watson, D. I., Ratcliffe, J., Griffin, P. A., & Dean, N. R. (2020). Does breast reduction surgery improve health-related quality of life? A prospective cohort study in Australian women. BMJ Open, 10(2), e031804. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2019-031804
- Kraut, R. Y., Brown, E., Korownyk, C., Katz, L. S., Vandermeer, B., Babenko, O., Gross, M. S., Campbell, S., & Allan, G. M. (2017). The impact of breast reduction surgery on breastfeeding: Systematic review of observational studies. PLoS ONE, 12(10). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0186591
- Lonie, S., Sachs, R., Shen, A., Hunter-Smith, D. J., Rozen, W. M., & Seifman, M. (2019). A systematic review of patient reported outcome measures for women with macromastia who have undergone breast reduction surgery. Gland Surgery, 8(4), 431–440. https://doi.org/10.21037/gs.2019.03.08
- Riccio, Charles A., Zeiderman, Matthew R., Chowdhry, S., Brooks, Ronald M., Kelishadi, Shahrooz S., Tutela, J., Choo, J., Yonick, David V., & Wilhelmi, Bradon J. (2015). Plastic Surgery of the Breast: Keeping the Nipple Sensitive. Eplasty, 15. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4492192/